Robert Downey Jr. has evolved into one of the most respected actors in Hollywood. With an amazing list of credits to his name, he has managed to stay new and fresh even after over four decades in the business. Downey was born April 4, 1965 in Manhattan, New York, the son of writer, director and filmographer Robert Downey Sr. and actress Elsie Downey (née Elsie Ann Ford).
Robert’s father is of half Lithuanian Jewish, one quarter Hungarian Jewish, and one quarter Irish, descent, while Robert’s mother was of English, Scottish, German, and Swiss-German ancestry. Robert and his sister, Allyson Downey, were immersed in film and the performing arts from a very young age, leading Downey Jr. to study at the Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center in upstate New York, before moving to California with his father following his parents’ 1978 divorce.
In 1982, he dropped out of Santa Monica High School to pursue acting full time. Downey Sr., himself a drug addict, exposed his son to drugs at a very early age, and Downey Jr. would go on to struggle with abuse for decades.
|Favorite Things & General Information|
|Favorite Color||Green, Teal|
|Favorite Movies||Tropic Thunder || Iron Man || Sherlock Holmes|
|Favorite Food||Domino’s Pizza || Neapolitan Ice cream || Meat Balls|
|Hobbies||Acting, Eating, Boxing Books Reading|
|Favorite Actor||Peter O’Toole|
|Favorite Pet||Cat, Dog|
|Favorite Perfume||Gendarne V|
|Favorite Comic||Iron Man|
Robert Downey Jr. Favorite Brand Favorite Things Favorite Drink Food Movie Show Song Place and Animal
Facts about Robert
- His father is of half Irish Catholic and half Russian Jewish descent while his mother has German, Scottish, and Swiss ancestry
- In 2010, he opened a production company called “Team Downey” with his wife Susan.
- His father, Robert Downey Sr. was born as “Robert Elias” but changed his surname to “Downey” (after his stepfather James Downey)
- He has served in jail several times for drug intake like marijuana
- Robert Jr. and his older sister grew up in Greenwich Village and was born in Manhattan.
- His father was a drug addict and so, Robert Jr. also used drugs at the age of six
- He did his first film at the age of 5, by working in his father’s film
- His parents divorced in 1978 (when he was 13 years old)
- He had a cameo role in the 2008 movie “The Incredible Hunk” as Iron Man / Tony Stark.
- In 2008, he was flashed in a video game titled “Iron Man” for his role as Tony Stark
“If someone really takes a risk, it doesn’t get dismissed. That’s what happened when the Oscar was won posthumously by Heath Ledger, who did one of the definitive villain performances of all time. But it really has to be exceptional in defining everything we previously knew about the actress or the actor”.