Katy Perry was born as Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson in Santa Barbara, California, the middle child of pastor parents, Mary Christine (Perry) and Maurice Keith Hudson. She has an older sister and younger brother, and has English, Portuguese, German, Irish, and Scottish ancestry. Her mother’s half-brother was director Frank Perry. Raised in a deeply religious family, Perry’s first experience of performing was singing in church. A passion for music grew and at the age of 15, Perry began visiting Nashville, gaining experience of song writing and recording demos. She signed to a Christian record label, Red Hill, and recorded an album, under her birth name of Katy Hudson. The album was not a success. At age 17 she moved to Los Angeles and collaborated with producer Glen Ballard, but was not able to secure a lasting record deal.
Perry did sign to Columbia Records in 2004, but again this did not prove a success, and she was dropped. An executive at Columbia recommended Perry to the chairman of Virgin Records, Jason Flom, which resulted in her signing for Capitol Music Group. She recorded her second album, “One of the Boys” and in the Spring of 2008 released the lead single, the controversial “I Kissed a Girl”. The song proved a smash, hitting the number one slot in several countries. Other hit singles followed and the album was a commercial success.
|Favorite Things & General Information|
|Favorite Color||Pink || Aqua|| Blue|
|Favorite Band||Beach Boys || Heart || Ting Tings || Joni Mitchell || Paul Simon || Alanis Morissette || Imogen Heap || Gwen Stefani || Rufus Wainwright|
|Favorite Food||Thai Food || Mexican Food || Ice cream || Crepes|
|Hobbies||Horseback riding, Playing Volleyball, Books Reading|
|Favorite TV Show||Ancient Aliens|
|Favorite Book||The Help (Kathryn Stockett) released in 2009|
|Favorite Accessories||Fruit-shaped accessories (mainly watermelons) || Sparkle || Nail Polish || Rainbow wigs || Bracelets|
Katy Perry Favorite Brand Favorite Things Favorite Drink Food Movie Show Song Place and Animal
Katy Perry interesting Facts
- Katy Perry has 3 pets, namely, Kitty Purry (Cat), Krusty (Cat), Morrissey (Cat)
- Katy Perry used to sing in the churches when she was of the age 9 to 17
- Katy says that she would like to kiss Megan Fox.
- As a kid, she was not allowed to watch MTV
- In April 2012, Katy Perry performed at the opening ceremony of 5th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) before a cricket match at Chennai
- Katy Perry was voted no. 6 on FHM’s Sexiest Women List and no. 4 in Maxim’s Hot 100 List in 2012
- She was having big breasts and was always teased for that during her high school days
- In March 2009, she was shooting for a magazine with a chimpanzee. The chimpanzee urinated on Katy and she left the shoot in the middle and went for a shower
- Katy smokes also and she likes vintage things
- She was voted no. 16 on AskMen’s Most Desirable Women of 2012
“I’m kind of a good girl – and I’m not. I’m a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity, and respect. I’m a bad girl because I like to tease. I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That’s what the stories in my music do”.