Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on February 7, 1962, Garth Brooks signed with Capitol Records and released his self-titled first album in 1989, which had mild success. His third studio effort, Ropin’ the Wind, was the first country album to debut at No. 1 on the pop charts. Brooks has made a number of albums since, selling more than 100 million in all. He retired in 2000, but began performing again in 2009.
Brooks released his eponymous debut album in 1989, and he was joined by England in a partnership that became one of the most lucrative in country music. Touring in support of the debut album, the two established an easy onstage banter that became a trademark of Brooks’s live shows. While Garth Brooks sold well, listeners and critics could not have anticipated what was to come.
In 1990 Brooks released No Fences, a blockbuster that sold more than 17 million copies on the strength of singles such as “Friends in Low Places.” While his music blurred the line between pop and country, his live performances eschewed country traditions altogether, embracing instead the spectacle of 1970s arena rock. Concerts incorporated pyrotechnics and light shows, and Brooks used a wireless hands-free microphone that allowed him to roam the stage.
|Height||Feet: 6′ 0″ || Centimeters: 183 CM|
|Weight||Kilograms: 87 kg || Pounds: 192 Pounds|
|Chest Size||40 Inches|
|Shoe Size||— (US) || — (EU) || – (UK)|
Garth Brooks Weight Height Eye Color Body Measurements Shoe Size Hair Color Chest Size Complexion
- He took a break in 2000, but began performing again in 2009.
- For all his achievements, the name of Brooks remains relatively unknown outside of America.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1995.
- Garth worked as an actor in “Behind the Life of Chris Gaines”.
- Brooks’ doctor shared in 2016: “they appear to be addicted to food”. Trisha’s weight was 179 and Garth’s – 191 pounds. The two have made light of their love for food, jokingly calling themselves a “quarter ton of fun”.
“That smell of freshly cut grass makes me think of Friday night football in high school. The smell of popcorn and cigar smoke reminds me of the stadium. The cutting of the grass reminds me of the August practice”.