|Full Name||Viggo Peter Mortensen Jr.|
|Nick Name||Vig, Guido, Cuervo|
|Birth Place||New York City, New York, United States|
|Residence||New York City|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1958|
|Profession||Actor, author, musician, photographer|
|Education||Viggo started his early education at a primary school in Buenos Aires. He got his high school education from the Watertown High School in New York. Vig then attended and graduated from the St. Lawrence University in Canton in 1980 with a bachelor’s degree in Spanish Studies and Politics.|
|Family Name / Cast||Mortensen|
|Father Name||Viggo Peter Mortensen Sr. (Managed poultry farms and ranches)|
|Mother Name||Grace Gamble Atkinson|
|Brother Name||Charles Mortensen (Younger Brother) (Geologist), Walter Mortensen (Younger Brother) (Geologist)|
|Husband or Wife Name||Ex-Wife Exene Cervenka (1986-1997)
||Son Henry Blake Mortensen|
Want to Know About Viggo Mortensen Relationship Net Worth History Career Details Favorite Things Food Top Movies
Viggo Mortensen is the famous actor and he has skills on many good professions like he is a musician, author and actor. He had the most happening love life as he left home for the girl he loved back in the past but then he started his career and in the initial time he got married and became a father. He is best known for the movie The Lord of the Rings. His career by then made a bounce and he became famous. He is in relationship with a Spanish actress from pas 9 years. He is of the 69th position of the top 100 beautiful man on earth. Viggo first appeared in crime thriller film Witness in 1985 in the role of Moses Hochleitner. This movie became hit and this also shifted his career. He earned alot of money form the movie Lord of the rings and from that money he fulfilled his aim of establishing his publishing house. He named it Perceval Press
- Exene Cervenka: Viggo met actress and singer Exene Cervenka while working together on the comedy movie. Shortly after, they started going out and around a year later, decided to get married in July 1987. In January 1988, Cervenka gave birth to a son, Henry Blake Mortensen. Their divorce was finalized in 1997.
- Josie Bissett: In 1997, Viggo had a short-lived affair with actress Josie Bissett.
- Gwyneth Paltrow: Mortensen reportedly hooked up with actress Gwyneth Paltrow
- Donita Sparks: Viggo started going out with musician Donita Sparks after growing close while collaborating on Viggo’s 5th studio album, One Man’s Meat in 1998
- Lola Schnabel: Mortensen was reported to be in a relationship with famed painter Julian Schnabel’s actress daughter Lola Schnabel in 2004.
- Christina Rosenvinge: Viggo was Rumored to be going out with Spanish singer Christina Rosenvinge in 2008.
- Ariadna Gil: Mortensen started dating Spanish actress Ariadna Gil after having met on the sets of the novel based film, Appaloosa (2008). He was so deeply in love with her that he decided to move his base to Madrid to spend more time with his Spanish love.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Aragorn in the high fantasy adventure film trilogy, The Lord of the Rings.
- Playing the lead role in the critically acclaimed gangster drama movie, Eastern Promises (2007).
Viggo released his first studio album Don’t Tell Me What to Do in 1994.
Viggo first appeared in crime thriller film Witness in 1985 in the role of Moses Hochleitner.
First TV Show
Mortensen first appeared in romantic drama series Search For Tomorrow in 1985 as Bragg.
Viggo Mortensen likes to maintain an active lifestyle in a bid to keep his body fit and athletic. While at home, he likes to play basketball and soccer. He is also fond of going out for a walk in his free time. He believes that not only it gives your body a low impact cardiovascular workout but, also stimulates your mind as well. Plus, being an avid outdoors-man, he likes to go out for hiking.
|Height||Feet: 5′ 11″ || Centimeters: 188 CM|
|Weight||Kilograms: 79 kg || Pounds: 180 Pounds|
|Measurements||Viggo Mortensen’s chest, waist, and biceps measurements are not known.
|Favorite Things & General Information|
|Net Worth||Estimated $30 million.|
|Race / Ethnicity||White. Viggo is of Canadian-American descent on mother’s side, whereas, has Danish ancestry on father’s side.|
|Distinctive Features||Cleft chin, Green eyes|
|Manager||Viggo Mortensen is represented by Omni Artists.
|Brand Endorsements||Viggo has appeared in a Nissan car commercial and has endorsed Perceval Press (his own publishing company).|
|Soccer Players||Diego Maradona, Héctor “Bambino” Veira|
Viggo Mortensen Favorite Things
- MLB Team – New York Mets
- Ice Hockey Team – Montreal Canadiens
- Guiltiest Pleasure – Sleeping
- Soccer Club Team – San Lorenzo (Argentine Soccer Club), Fulham FC (English Soccer Club), Besiktas (Turkish Soccer Club)
- Soccer Players – Diego Maradona, Héctor “Bambino” Veira
Viggo Mortensen Facts
- Viggo has a dual citizenship of America and Denmark.
- After completing his studies from St. Lawrence University in 1980, he moved to Denmark to live with the woman he loved. Those days, he supported himself by working at a factory and later as a truck driver.
- Mortensen is multilingual and can fluently converse in at least 6 languages, viz., Spanish, Danish, English, French, Swedish and Norwegian.
- He loves horse riding and after completion of the shooting for Lord of the Rings trilogy, he purchased all the horses he rode in the movie.
- During the 1980 Winter Olympics held in Lake Placid, he worked in the role of translator for the Swedish ice hockey team.
- When he was first offered a role in Lord of the Rings, he turned it down. He accepted the role only after being convinced by his son, who was a fan of the fantasy trilogy book series.
- He made a couple of suggestions for his role in Lord of the Rings, including asking for more elvish dialogues for his character as well as more saddle time in the movie.
- In 2007, the Empire magazine placed him on the 69th spot in “100 beautiful Movie Stars in the World” list.
- He only got the role of Sigmund Freud in 2011 release, A Dangerous Mind after the original pick Christoph Waltz decided to leave the project.
- The painted murals shown in his movie A Perfect Murder (1998) were painted by Mortensen himself.
- In April 2010, he was honored with the knighthood by Queen Margarethe II of Denmark in recognition for his contributions to the cinema.
- With the money earned from his work in The Lord of Rings, he established a publication house, Perceval Press to publish works of the struggling writers.
- Viggo Mortensen is not on social media.